Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Paul Hooson With The Cast Of RESTLESS


During the filming of great new Ron Howard and Gus Van Sant film, RESTLESS at my Clinton Market grocery store, the lead actors were more than kind enough to pose with me for this picture which I much appreciated. I told female lead, Australian actress Mia Wasikowska, that I expected her to be a big hit in the states. She is also scheduled to star as the lead in the new 3D Tim Burton version of the Lewis Carroll classic, ALICE IN WONDERLAND, as well as this great RESTLESS project for the joint team of Ron Howard producer and Gus Van Sant as director.


Normally, the very lovely Mia Wasikowska sports beautiful long hair. However, in RESTLESS she plays a terminally ill 16 year old with cancer who falls in love with a strange young boy obsessed with attending other people's funerals. So expect this versatile young actress to look far different in the Tim Burton film which will be reportedly filmed in Disney process 3D.
Henry Hopper also seemed like a very nice young actor with a bright future ahead of him. I told him what a fan I was of his famous father, Dennis. And I told him how much I loved his dad's classic EASY RIDER movie which I regularly watch on DVD. Henry is following right along in the footsteps of his famous actor father for sure.
Gus Van Sant is a great director. And Ron Howard productions are always excellent films as well. This new film should be out sometime in the Spring. However, the working title, RESTLESS, could change as Gus Vant Sant sometimes refers to this project also as "UNTITLED".
I was very happy to loan my historic Clinton Market grocery store over to be used for this film. This grocery store was founded in 1914, and is probably the oldest grocery store still in operation in Portland, Oregon. The store has a lot of character. And actors Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper were both very nice. Their performances will forever preserve this very old store on film for generations to come. This should become a major film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home