Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Miami Heat Become First Team Since The 1977 Portland Trailblazers To Come Back From 2 Games Down To Win NBA Championship

I had a very serious post on the terrible situation in Iraq that got damaged and lost in my computer. I'll address this later. But for now, I'd like to offer the Miami Heat some praise for coming back from two games down to win the NBA championship. This is a remarkable feat last achieved in 1977 by the Portland Trailblazers. I personally expected that Dallas was headed towarding winning the series. I was very surprised at the outcome of this NBA championship. I'm unsure what happened to Dallas. They appeared to be the stronger of the two teams in my view. The narrow 1 point overtime loss on Sunday as well as the narrow loss tonight on their home court really stunned me. Avery Johnson is a great coach. And the Dallas Mavericks were an excellent team. I expected Dallas to win tonight and even the series, and to win game 7 as well. I thought this was going to be a game of homecourt wins. Who would have expected that Dallas would have a bizarre four game losing streak all of a sudden and unexpectedly.

What went wrong for Dallas will be debated all summer by basketball analysts, and of course fans, staff and players of Dallas. Maybe Miami was in the end the better team afterall. They pulled off a feat that really surpised me. Mark Cuban is probably not a happy camper tonight. His first NBA championship was so close and then slipped from his fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home