Sunday, April 10, 2011

Movie Review: BATTLE: LOS ANGELES


Critics and movie goers couldn't feel much more differently about one film than this one. But, my opinion is that the moviegoers are right, BATTLE: LOS ANGELES successfully welds Sci Fi together with a great action movie creating one of the most enjoyable military science fiction films in recent memory. This film is sort of like BLACKHAWK DOWN meets WAR OF THE WORLDS or INDEPENDENCE DAY, producing a great ground war with aliens film. The street level warfare amid wrecked cars and streets of Los Angeles as tough soldiers and civilians make a brave last stand against space invaders should satisfy most war or Sci Fi fans. Certainly, the movie might be heavy with predicable moments as well as one war film cliché after another. But, as much as I love war films, this science fiction take on a street level ground war with aliens is a very enjoyable popcorn movie. Not high art. Just plenty enjoyable. And that's just fine with me. The Bottom Line: A predictable, but wholly enjoyable new twist on the classic war film. The sets and special effects look impressive enough to suit me just fine. I like this movie and recommend it. +++(Three Stars: Good. I knew from the first TV ad trailer that I'd love this film. And I sure did. It's pretty good for what it hopes to achieve. Spend your movie ticket money here!)

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

In my opinion the movie was well done, very graphic. It is not predictable, but very exciting. I recoommned to see it. Download for free form http;//www.torrentoff.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home